How to Register
Students may register for private music lessons at any time for the current academic school year. All registration takes place on our registration website: https://cmsmusic.asapconnected.com/ New students are advised to call or visit CMS prior to registration to schedule an interview lesson or to ensure teacher availability. Once a student is ready to begin weekly lessons or register for a class or ensemble, the student should submit a registration form accompanied by a $35 annual, non-refundable registration fee which is required of all students (there is a maximum fee of $50 per family). Students who wish to enroll in a class or ensemble should also submit a registration form and fee.
General Music Instruction
This program is most suited for beginning level students (up to two years of study) or for adult students. Advancing students may consider enrolling in one of CMS’s certificate programs.
Tuition is billed on a quarterly basis with 9 to 10-lessons in each quarter September through June. There is a 6-week summer session offered as well. Students may enroll at any time during a quarter and will be pro-rated for the remaining lessons in that particular quarter.
Tuition for students enrolled in the General Instruction Program includes:
- Weekly private lessons
- Rehearsals and performances with a professional accompanist
- Student recitals
- Access to the CMS music library
- Written progress report at the end of the year
- 20% discount on any additional class/ensemble
- Multiple Lessons Discount: First lesson is billed at the regular/Master rate and each additional private lesson receives a 5% discount (discount is taken off the lesser priced lesson).
- Other discounts apply for siblings, ensembles, music theory- please contact Registrar for details
Benefits of Being a CMS Student Include:
- Student Recitals – CMS schedules an average of two recital per month and students are encouraged to perform often. There is no additional charge for performing on recitals and admission is free and open to the public.
- Rehearsals with a Professional Accompanist – Students are encouraged to schedule rehearsals with our staff accompanist whenever necessary prior to a performance. Rehearsals are included in student’s tuition.
- Free Tickets for Little Night Music concerts and Master classes – CMS students never pay to attend these special events.
- Access to the CMS Music Library – CMS has a music lending library available to students at no charge. Solo and ensemble music, method books, theory books and scores are some of the items available.
- Discounts on Multiple Lessons or Classes – the more music lessons or classes you study – the more you save!
Register and begin lessons at any time by calling 610.489.3676 or email us at email@example.com