Community Music School offers individual instrumental and vocal lessons for beginner through advanced level students at our facility in Trappe, PA. All lessons are taught by our professional staff of Teaching Artists. CMS students have the added benefit of frequent recitals, rehearsals with a professional accompanist, access to our music library, free admission to professional concerts and Masterclasses all included in lesson tuition. CMS students are also eligible for discounts on multiple lessons and classes.
Fall 2021 enrollment will take place through our new enrollment software ASAP! This system will allow you to easily manage your account, pay invoices, see past enrollments, and even share files with your instructor!
Please follow the below instructions to create an account in our new system and complete enrollment!
- Week of July 5th: Current students may reserve their current time slot if available with no risk of other students reserving the spot first.
- Week July 12th: Current students may enroll in time slots OTHER than their current time slot; if you did not reserve your current time slot the week of July 5th, it cannot be guaranteed.
- Week of July 19th: New Students may enroll in any available time slots.
1.) Please visit: https://cmsmusic.asapconnected.com/
2.) Please create an account (under “Login” top right) before completing the online registration. Account creation will allow you to make payments, send files to faculty and view past enrollments,
3.) Once logged in, to enroll in Private Lessons, click the home (house) icon and please select “Private Lessons” to the left and complete inquiry form. Our registrar will be in touch to complete registration after reviewing all information.
4.) Once registrar completes enrollment, please log back in after receiving invoice to process payment if you did not choose auto-pay. Registration fee must be paid to guarantee timeslot.
As we navigate our new enrollment system, we thank you in advance for your patience! SUMMER 2021 Lesson Enrollment should be completed through prior system here: https://www.cmsmusic.org/summer21reg/
Private Instrumental & Vocal Lessons
* Suzuki Instruction Available
+ Adapted Lessons Available
General Music Instruction
This program is most suited for beginning level students (up to two years of study) or for adult students. Advancing students may consider enrolling in one of CMS’s certificate programs.
Tuition is billed on a quarterly basis with 9 to 10-lessons in each quarter September through June. There is a 5-week summer session offered as well. Students may enroll at any time during a quarter and will be pro-rated for the remaining lessons in that particular quarter.
Tuition for students enrolled in the General Instruction Program includes:
- Weekly private lessons
- Rehearsals and performances with a professional accompanist
- Student recitals
- Access to the CMS music library
- Written progress report at the end of the year
- 20% discount on any additional class/ensemble
2020-2021 Lesson Rates:
- Multiple Lessons Discount: First lesson is billed at the regular/Master rate and each additional private lesson receives a 5% discount (discount is taken off the lesser priced lesson).
- Other discounts apply for siblings, ensembles, music theory- please contact Registrar for details
The Interview Lesson
New students are encouraged to sign up for an interview lessons with a CMS teacher. During the 30-minute interview lesson students and parents will have a chance to meet the instructor, ask questions and get a sense of what will take place in lessons each week. The cost for a 30-minute interview lesson is billed at the prevailing rate. Contact our Registrar to set up an interview lesson today: firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 489-3676
CMS has a limited supply of rental instruments with availability on a first-come-first-serve basis. Students are responsible for maintenance of instruments (e.g., string and reed replacement, cleaning) and any repair costs due to damage. Rental fees vary. Please inquire at the front desk or contact email@example.com for availability and pricing.
Piano/Keyboard Requirements & Recommendations
The CMS piano faculty recommends that piano students have regular access to a standard acoustic piano, one that is well maintained and tuned regularly. CMS often receives notice of pianos for sale in the area. Families can check the bulletin boards in the lobby areas for notices. For families of beginning piano students that are unable to afford an acoustic piano or already own a digital piano, their digital piano should meet the following minimum specifications:
- Piano keyboard should have 88 keys with graded action to reproduce the key weight and dynamic range of an acoustic piano.
- Voicing should contain the “Grand Piano” setting and be stereo sampled.
- Keyboard should have an ample stand to allow a proper sitting position and have functioning pedals to offer the damper and una corda (soft pedal) options.
- Parents should make plans to acquire an acoustic piano within one year of the student’s initiation of piano study at CMS.
Recommended Piano Technician
Philly Piano Tuning (215) 760-7247 or firstname.lastname@example.org