At CMS, students can find instruction on nearly every instrument and voice. Regardless of your age or prior musical experience, at CMS you will find a program of instruction to meet your personal needs. In addition to private lessons, our programs of instruction include the Suzuki Academy for violin, viola, cello and piano, music programs for young children, instrumental ensembles, a variety of music enrichment classes, and summer camp programs.
You needn’t be a student at CMS to benefit from our programs. Our Concert Series presents talented musicians of national and international renown and provides an affordable musical evening for all to enjoy. The Gallery at CMS offers a venue for local artists to display their works and is open to visitors. Masterclasses by renowned music educators are open to anyone in the community to attend.
CMS COVID-19 UPDATE
~ Updated August 2021 ~
COVID-19 Infection Prevention Plan: CMS continues to take the health and wellbeing of our community extremely seriously. As we begin our new school year, CMS will require face-coverings / masks in all “public” areas (lobby and hallways), as well as for certain ensembles when able to do so. At the discretion of the student and individual faculty member, masks continue to be optional once in studio.
Individual students and individual faculty members may continue to request each other to wear a mask in studio. Requests can be made through administration. We ask that our full community take into consideration that the average age of our student is below vaccination age. Anyone who exhibits signs of illness or has been exposed to someone exhibiting signs of illness should not attend any CMS in-person instruction.
- Winds and Voice: Plexiglass barriers will separate faculty and students.
- All wind instruments are required to be fitted with bell covers (provided by CMS).
- Voice will have extensive distancing practices in place.
- Sanitation procedure in place for instruments and barriers following each lesson.
- Ensembles will have distancing practices in place in addition to above.
***Virtual lesson or hybrid option will still be available for ALL instruments based on student preference***
Benefits of Being a CMS Student Include:
- Student Recitals – CMS schedules an average of two recital per month and students are encouraged to perform often. There is no additional charge for performing on recitals and admission is free and open to the public.
- Rehearsals with a Professional Accompanist – Students are encouraged to schedule rehearsals with our staff accompanist whenever necessary prior to a performance. Rehearsals are included in student’s tuition.
- Free Tickets to Professional Concerts and Master classes – CMS students never pay to attend these special events.
- Access to the CMS Music Library – CMS has a music lending library available to students at no charge. Solo and ensemble music, method books, theory books and scores are some of the items available.
- Discounts on Multiple Lessons or Classes – the more music lessons or classes you study – the more you save!