At CMS, students can find instruction on nearly every instrument and voice. Regardless of your age or prior musical experience, at CMS you will find a program of instruction to meet your personal needs. In addition to private lessons, our programs of instruction include the Suzuki Academy for violin, viola, cello and piano, music programs for young children, instrumental ensembles, a variety of music enrichment classes, and summer camp programs.
You needn’t be a student at CMS to benefit from our programs. Our Concert Series presents talented musicians of national and international renown and provides an affordable musical evening for all to enjoy. The Gallery at CMS offers a venue for local artists to display their works and is open to visitors. Masterclasses by renowned music educators are open to anyone in the community to attend.
CMS Lessons Continue Remotely
~ Updated March 23, 2020 ~
Dear CMS Families,
We hope you are all healthy and well. In light of all Montgomery County schools closing for the next two weeks, CMS will be moving to remote/online lessons only through Saturday, April 18th. CMS serves students from many different schools, and our priority is to keep everyone safe. Most faculty will be conducting lesson remotely.
Details of remote/online lessons:
• Your student’s lesson will be held during their regularly scheduled time unless arrangements are made with instructor.
• We will be using the Zoom platform for online lessons. If you have never had an online lesson before, its surprisingly easy to do! You will receive an email invitation to a “meeting” from your instructor. You click the link and join the meeting.
• All you need for an online lesson is a computer, phone or tablet and internet connection. Make sure your computer screen tablet video is on. You may need to experiment with the best camera placement. Younger students may need assistance at the beginning of their lesson.
• Please make sure your student has their instrument, lesson materials and a pencil prepared at the start of his or her lesson.
• Suzuki and theory classes will take place at their regularly scheduled time. However, ensembles are currently suspended until we reopen on site.
Please contact us with any concerns or issues at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take care, stay healthy and don’t forget to practice!
Benefits of Being a CMS Student Include:
- Student Recitals – CMS schedules an average of two recital per month and students are encouraged to perform often. There is no additional charge for performing on recitals and admission is free and open to the public.
- Rehearsals with a Professional Accompanist – Students are encouraged to schedule rehearsals with our staff accompanist whenever necessary prior to a performance. Rehearsals are included in student’s tuition.
- Free Tickets for Little Night Music concerts and Master classes – CMS students never pay to attend these special events.
- Access to the CMS Music Library – CMS has a music lending library available to students at no charge. Solo and ensemble music, method books, theory books and scores are some of the items available.
- Discounts on Multiple Lessons or Classes – the more music lessons or classes you study – the more you save!