At CMS, students can find instruction on nearly every instrument and voice. Regardless of your age or prior musical experience, at CMS you will find a program of instruction to meet your personal needs. In addition to private lessons, our programs of instruction include the Suzuki Academy for violin, viola, cello and piano, music programs for young children, instrumental ensembles, a variety of music enrichment classes, and summer camp programs.
You needn’t be a student at CMS to benefit from our programs. Our Concert Series presents talented musicians of national and international renown and provides an affordable musical evening for all to enjoy. The Gallery at CMS offers a venue for local artists to display their works and is open to visitors. Masterclasses by renowned music educators are open to anyone in the community to attend.
CMS COVID-19 UPDATE
~ Updated September 22nd, 2020 ~
We are currently operating a hybrid-model of instruction for our Fall semester. We reopened our on-site location for individual lessons on the first day of our Fall quarter (Monday, August 31st). Due to the intimate nature of instrumental leaning, we have implemented a phased reopening based on instrument. We will first welcome back Piano, Strings and Percussion on-site with the exception of 6 instructors:
- Irene Bernstein
- Hsiao-Ming Chen
- Will Currier
- Ryan Leaver
- Manijeh Pickard
- Lorenzo Raval
Winds, Voice and ensembles will follow on-site at a later date still to be determined. We will follow all CDC guidelines and have put a variety of safety protocols in place. To read full safety plan, please click here:
- Faculty Protocols will include personal protective equipment, mandatory American Red Cross COVID-19 trainings, daily contact logs, and sanitation procedure between each lesson for barriers and instruments.
- Community Protocols will include masks for all patrons, limiting capacity to only 1 caregiver in the building at a time, and no waiting area (with the exception of caregivers of young children).
- Building Protocols include enhanced cleaning schedules, hand-less sink / towel / soap / sanitizer dispensers and studio barriers when appropriate per instrument.
If you or your child is not ready to come back on-site in August, do not worry! We will be offering a hybrid model of on-site and virtual lessons for the foreseeable future. All faculty will be available to teach at your preference. The safety of our community is something we take extremely seriously.
Benefits of Being a CMS Student Include:
- Student Recitals – CMS schedules an average of two recital per month and students are encouraged to perform often. There is no additional charge for performing on recitals and admission is free and open to the public.
- Rehearsals with a Professional Accompanist – Students are encouraged to schedule rehearsals with our staff accompanist whenever necessary prior to a performance. Rehearsals are included in student’s tuition.
- Free Tickets for Little Night Music concerts and Master classes – CMS students never pay to attend these special events.
- Access to the CMS Music Library – CMS has a music lending library available to students at no charge. Solo and ensemble music, method books, theory books and scores are some of the items available.
- Discounts on Multiple Lessons or Classes – the more music lessons or classes you study – the more you save!