- This event has passed.
Virtual Piano Camp
August 3 - August 7
Piano Camp will be an on-line learning experience this year! Camp will include live sessions on the ZOOM platform and pre-recorded content. Students should have completed Level 2 in the Faber & Faber, Alfred, or John Thompson method books, or their equivalent (Aaron method book Level 1 is also acceptable). Students will have an opportunity for cooperative music-making and social interaction with other piano students of similar skill and ages.
- Emilily Kosasih
- Chris Macy
RECOMMENDED TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT
- Computer or smartphone with internet connection (required)
- Camera connected to computer, or camera built into computer, to stream video (required)
- Headphones (required)
- External microphone that connects to computer (optional). If you need recommendations, please ask us!
Virtual Camp Activities Include Live and Pre-recorded content:
- Special Topic Classes focusing on musicianship, technique, repertoire and performance
- Listening parties – listening and learning together from pre-recorded performances and Masterclasses from great musicians with guided discussion from faculty
- Masterclasses – students play for each other and receive comments from peers and faculty
- Daily social hour over lunch – students can log in for games, discussion and general laid-back social time with their peers
- Individual lessons – participants will receive 1 or 2 individual lessons during the course of the week
- Virtual Camp Concert – schedule for the final day of camp. Family and friends can tune in to watch
Tuition and Fees
Registration Deadline: July 1, 2020
- Register By July 1 – Tuition: $200