Virtual Cello Camp
July 13 - July 17
CELLO FESTIVAL CAMP – A VIRTUAL CAMP EXPERIENCE!
Come join the fun at Cello Camp – Now a Virtual Camp Experience!
Cello Festival Camp will be an on-line learning experience this year! Camp will include live sessions on the ZOOM platform and pre-recorded content. Cello camp offers students an opportunity to have a focused week of individual practice, lessons, technique, master classes, and a final virtual concert on Friday. Students will learn skills in organizing their practice session for effectiveness, developing and enhancing their skills in tone and intonation, and repertoire study.
- Hsiao-Ming Chen
- Eric Coyne
RECOMMENDED TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT
- Computer or smartphone with internet connection (required)
- Camera connected to computer, or camera built into computer, to stream video (required)
- Headphones (required)
- External microphone that connects to computer (optional). If you need recommendations, please ask us!
Virtual Camp Activities Include Live and Pre-recorded content:
- Musicianship – Ear training/sight-reading – it’s like taking your vitamins and eating your vegetables for musicians!
- Etude studies for technique – Popper, Schroeder, Sevick for example – depending on level
- Listening parties – listening and learning together from pre-recorded performances and Masterclasses from great musicians with guided discussion from faculty
- Masterclasses – students play for each other and receive comments from peers and faculty
- Daily social hour – (perhaps over lunch?) students can log in for games, discussion and general laid-back social time with their peers
- Individual lessons – participants will receive 1 or 2 individual lessons during the course of the week.
- Virtual Camp Concert – schedule for the final day of camp. Family and friends can tune in to watch.
Registration Deadline: July 1, 2020
- Tuition: $200